Thursday, September 10, 2009

Updates? What's that?

OK. I am updating this. Leave me alone Russ! :) I kid. He hasn't harangued me too much...

We are doing well. Just really really busy! Here's what's new with the kids:

BROCK:

He's learned to ride his bike without training wheels! YAY! He is SO happy! He wants to start going on 20-30 mile rides. I don't think he grasps just how far/long that really is. He said that Lance Armstrong did more than that. I mentioned that Mr. Armstrong also has spendy bike with a posture-pedic/padded seat. Brock is all confidence as long as he is wearing his various pads and helmet. He is very safety concious! Brock is always on the lookout for cars and has "earned" the right to ride to the end of our street and back. I can't believe he has soared by another milestone! He makes sure that Hannah minds the traffic and safety rules and doesn't hesitate to holler at her if he sees a car coming a few blocks away.

Brock is starting 2nd grade today! We get him this evening and I cannot WAIT to hear how his first day went. This is his first year with a new teacher (had the same teacher in K and 1st grade). Brock is definitely well liked by the staff. I was at the school's reader board changing letters last night when the principle came out to talk. He helped set up letters and close the sign. After talking about our summers, we spent a few moments talking about Brock and how much Mr. Abbott liked him. I doubt this is just the speech he gives to all parents as I have heard it from other teachers and the secretary.

My dad recently built a log bunk bed for Brock. We are waiting to set it up in his room until I get the walls/ceiling painted. Brock chose a selection of blues to make his Transformer room. What fun! He is so grown up! Cub scouts is starting soon too. My word he will be a busy man!

HANNAH:


Hannah is pushing 3 (9-21-06...wow) and is still very busy. She has learned to be quick with her "nonnies" (naughty behaviors). I was making cookies the other day and had to stop to get Lauren. I left the dough paddle from my KitchenAid on the counter as I was scraping the sides of the bowl prepping for forming cookies. Hannah knew very well what I was up to and snuck into the kitchen to help herself to the paddle. She didn't see/hear me return, get the camera and snap some pics. The last one she looked up and made eye contact. This is my sneak ninja girl when it comes to treats.


Hannah is starting dance class on Monday. She may even make the Year End Performance! I am so excited. Yeah...more so than others I think. :) I hope Hannah enjoys it!

We are also starting her 3 year at Dori's Learning Place. Hannah has thrived with the ciriculum and has grown so much! We are looking forward to another year of wonderful time spent at Dori's!

Lauren:

Lauren is 5 months old soon. She is a smiley bunchy little baby! So cute! She rolled over early, is trying to stand when held upright and is kicking her way around the floor. She is going to be an early mover and shaker like her big sister. I dread this yet am looking forward to it at the same time.

Lauren loves her bottles, bundling and of course her siblings. She hates having her nose wiped and wails to be bundled when she's ready to sleep. Brock can get her to smile at the drop of a hat. Hannah can get her to laugh by acting like a clown in her line of sight. Both kids seem to like Lauren well enough. We anticipate this adoration will last until Lauren is mobile and getting into their things!

Lauren had her first taste of solid food this last month. We've been plugging her full of prunes and other...uh..."relieving" foods as she is prone to constipation like her sister was. We were already in the ER once thinking her intestines were in distress. What fun! Lauren didn't seem to mind foor that much...
Lauren is also going to Dori's with Hannah. It sounds like she is quite popular with the kids and gets a lot of "presents" from them. We are looking forward to dressing Lauren up for Halloween and watching her take in Christmas. What fun!

Our summer has been full of friends and family. We went to the park to share in cousin Mirian's blessing picnic celebration.

With the exception of Hannah and Lauren both having a sad moment at the same time, it was a great time!






So this is what the kids are up to at least. I will fill in more as I have time (Russ). Hugs to all!

2 comments:

Em and Russ said...

Woot Woot!!!!! You have adorable children!!!! Thanks for the post, sorry I harassed you.

Russ

Carlson Family said...

Skay! I needed to get this updated. :)