Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hannah's Kitten...and it's name is?

Grandpa Carlson recently gave Hannah a new kitten. As opposed to an old kitten I suppose? Anyway, this new kitten had a rude if not abrupt welcome. After howling all they way from Yakima to our house, the kitten was greeted by anxious toddler hands. Hannah was THRILLED to have "kitty".

The poor kitten smelled awful so it got a bath right off the bat. I should mention that it continues to get baths as I am horribly allergic to cats. I don't think it likes me much as a result. Hannah helped dry and comfort kitty after I scrubbed if from stem to stern.
She held it like a baby doll and soothed it with kind words. This little kitten is so patient with the kids. She is a pliable ball of fuzz and tolerates Hannah's mauling love.

Hannah has named her kitten several times and depending on the day, it will be known as Kitchen, Biscuits or Jasmin. We shall see what sticks.


The chair Hannah is sitting on is her Time Out Chair. Hey...it was handy for this picture! :) Anyway, Hannah likes to put the kitty in the seat part of the chair. The green lid comes off to reveal the perfect cubby for kitten storage. *sigh*

In the mean time: I did find this small list of expectations that kitty left. Hmmm....lemme know what you think..


1.) All laundry (clean or dirty) is my plaything and shall be spread throughout the house at will.
2.) Drapes are items to be stalked, pounced upon and scaled at great velocity.
3.) Baby bottles left unattended will be drug off to my lair to devouring.
4.) Shoelaces, hair ties, string and any other irresistibly wiggly objects shall be stalked, pounced upon and drug off to my lair for devouring.
5.) The couch is my scratching post and shall also be scaled at great velocity.
6.) Your feet are meant to be hunted. It is your fault if you trip over me as a squirt between your feet at ludicrous speeds. The fact that I am fuzzed up to 2 x my size and hissing should be enough warning.
7.) All food items are mine. Not the dogs. Mine.
8.) It is mandatory that I scritch around in the dirt of all your household plants. The more dirt I get on the floor/in the carpet the more points I am awarded.
9.) Purring will be addressed in a timely manner. I will not wait for attention and will wind around your feet until you fall on your face. You will acknowledge me at all times I decide.
10.) The dog will stay out...indefinitely.

-Kitty








3 comments:

Erica said...

LOVE IT!!!! That picture of Hannah is just TOO precious....can you email me a copy?? I REALLY like Biscuits, and since you WILL be keeping kitty #2, he should be gravy just like Brian said...that still makes me laugh! And the list seemse VERY realistic for kitty....I've always liked the saying "People don't have cats, cats have staff!" and it sounds like this one is just following normal kitty rules! Can't WAIT WAIT WAIT to see you guys and the kitty next weekend! Lotsa love, Sis

Em and Russ said...

AWESOME!!! I vote for Biscuit!!!

Nichole Gaertner said...

Wait? There's a kitty number two? Why isn't he mentioned on here? Am I sensing favoritism???? :) I love the pictures!
Love Nichole