Friday, April 23, 2010

Arts and Crafts!

What else should Hannah and I do while Dad and Lauren are sleeping? Paint some rocks of course! It was a lot of fun! Hannah was thrilled to be painting. I had to show her that if she insisted on painting her pallet plate, her paint would dry and she couldn't use it. I had to wash off her plate 3 times before it sunk in. Seriously! I gave her some blue and then went to the bathroom. When I came back, she had a beautiful blue paint and a naked rock. *sigh*
I love the concentration here. She was narrating through the whole process. She talked to her rock and was kind enough to ask it if it liked the color she was smearing on it. Needless to say she didn't get to use any of my nice brushes...

Do you think we should send her to town in the summer for the benefit of the masters???

So...Hannah made a purple peanut and a gloriously layered colored rock. I asked her what her blue rock was and she said it was just colors. Very abstract! I wonder if it could be a new genre! Maybe it means something deep. Hannah wanted a green turtle out of my rock. She said it was supposed to be a girl so I added the red flower. Hmmm...a bit much maybe?


Happy days! It was a great few hours for Mom and Daughter to play! Thanks Hannah!

1 comment:

Nichole Gaertner said...

I LOVE IT! :) She's taking after her Auntie Nichole and doesn't even realize it yet. Good idea though... I think Aiden would love to do something like this as well.

Love you guys!!!