Monday, February 16, 2009

Milestones


Brock had another milestone reached on Friday afternoon. He and his friend were playing in his room when I heard a gasp/squeal and his door come flying open. I heard Brock running down the hallway gasping (much like Charlotte from Sense and Sensibility when she finds out Mrs. Jennings is taking the girls to London...) and yelling something. His friend was hard on his heels yelling the same something. Being in "something's wrong with my baby mode" I prepared myself for gushing blood, missing fingers or gaping head wounds. I saw Brock covering his mouth with his hand and holding something in his other hand. I got him to slow down enough to hear "I loss my toof!" repeated over and over and over at a rate I am sure would break the sound barrier. His little friend was chiming in with "he ate dog poo!" at almost the same rate.

We got Brock's tooth/mouth cleaned up and it was time to call Dad. Brock was trying to tell Brian over the phone what happened while his friend still sang about him eating dog poo and grabbing at the phone. The two boys argued a little over who was going to tell the news before Brian got to hear what happened and why Brock was in such a lather. We put the treasure tooth in his tooth fairy container (plastic tooth on a string courtesy of his school) and made ready for the Tooth Fairy to come do her duties. As it turns out, Brock was spending the night at a friend's house and didn't get to "see" the Tooth Fairy until Saturday. So...this will be Brock's 3rd tooth he lost! And all on the bottom row! What a handsome toothy grin!



We got up for church on Sunday to find it snowing again! I found a dress in Hannah's closet she hasn't worn yet that was a gift from one of her cousins. Miracles never cease but I found a matching pair of tights and a headband. So...here's our little girl looking too much like a little girl instead of my baby. She was a hit at church and got lots of waves and hellos. All of which she returned with angelic innocence. People were convinced that we had a cherub on our hands. I am convinced my daughter is an accomplished actress... :) Brian and noticed that she is losing her baby belly and is getting lean and tall. That is NOT FAIR! She is wearing 3T clothing, speaking like a preschooler and giving orders as to how her world is to be run. Sad moment for us parents. But then again her cousins aren't that far behind. Sorry Ders...it had to be said! :)

We are waiting to hear from Brian's interview at the end of this week. I will not get a good night's sleep until then I'm sure! He feels pretty good about the whole thing. I am praying like mad that things work out. I know God will have his plan followed and that we should accept this, but it is awfully hard to imagine that this wouldn't be in his plan. Or timing. Guess it is more wishful thinking? Either way, we should have an answer by this coming Friday. It will be a long week in waiting!

Hugs to all!

3 comments:

Erica said...

I noticed the time this was posted....no rest for the weary! Hannah sure looks cute in her dress...and yes, she IS an accomplished actress!! WOW! Brock is going to have to go on a liquid diet at this rate! Let him know we say CONGRATS and losing his toof! CALL ME as soon as you hear about Whatcom...Sid applied for the SO position there!! :-)

Erica said...

About the winning thing...consider yourself lucky to only have to make 2 things for the 2 responses you'll get!

Nichole Gaertner said...

Hey!!! Can I actually leave you a comment? LOL! Brock and Hannah are getting so grown up. I loved the toothers story. :) He's gonna have all his big man teeth in soon. Crazy boy!

Love der der in-law!