Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Nervous and an odd bedfellow.






Nervous and an Odd Bedfellow?

Tomorrow I meet a vampire. The vampire wants to check my glucose levels...
It will be nice to get it over with, but I am not really at peace with the whole thing. It's really the poo-poo frosting on the crap cake that has been my January. With the exception of having family over of course! That was not crap-cake! :P I get off work at 0600 and will go home to get Hannah and Brian ready to go. We hope to be back in town before Brock gets out of school.

Oh yeah! We should be able to get our poor window fixed on the Dingo. It has been taped up (very ghetto-chic) for almost a month now.



We had to wait for the money to fix it. Heh heh heh. That'll be nice to get that all done too.

At some point tomorrow I hope to grab a quick nap. Mmmmm...naps....








Napolean ruined my peaceful morning too! MEAN DOG! Brian's alarm didn't go off this morning, so I stayed at work until he made it in at 0630. By the time I dropped Hannah off at preschool and got home, it was after 7. Napolean went outside to do his thing while I worked on taxes and some bran flakes. I brought the pooch back in and made a bee line for bed. As best a bee line that one can make in a drunken sleep-deprived stupor that is. Anywho, I brushed my teeth and threw myself into bed. I woke up about an hour later to the rancid smell of dog fart. Oh yeah. I forgot to shut the dog up in the laundry room while I napped. Napolean slunk into my room and helped himself to Brian's side of the bed. His butt was facing my feet (thank heavens) and his dog-breath face was facing away. At least he was this thoughtful right? I yelped in surprise at his being my bedfellow which made him melt into a submissive and rather apologetic puddle of smelly breath and rotten butt. I ordered him off the bed. He responded by whipping his tail up and down on the bed while presenting me with his stomach. Being less than honored by such a gift, I started to push his carcass towards the edge of the bed. Napolean strained against my pushing, unwilling to give up his plush lounge. He arched his back and presented me with more tummy and a lolling tongue inside his rather empty head. I will admit I raised my voice and in a very un-lady like manner ordered the *&#!@#* dog to get his )(@#*(!@(# smelly butt off my bed.


This got through to him that I meant what I said. He dripped off the bed and slunk to the laundry room door. He went in without protest and gave me very sad droopy eyes as I shut the door. It reminded me of Puss in Boots from Shrek. See what I mean:








Let him foul up his own bed!!!! I returned to my bed and fanned away the stubborn residue of Napleon's gastric trespasses. It took about 10 mins for the room to properly ventilate. Gross...I finally got to sleep about 8ish. I have learned the hard way to put that mutt in his room before I go to bed. Thanks Napolean.

So now I sit at work waiting for the 0600 hour to bring me freedom from this drudgery for 2 days. Then another work weekend is upon me. But take heart! It is the last rotation on graves for me! Thank heavens this trial is almost over!


Hope this finds you well....
























1 comment:

Erica said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I can just SEE Poly dripping and slinking around, hoping to stay on the ever-plush platform us humans snuggle into! Great visuals!!! The dog fart kinda reminds me of Dad, Tasha and the apnea machine...HAHAHAHAHAH, there she goes again!!! Call me AS SOON as you find out about the blood sugar test...you & Lauren are in my fervent (spell??) prayers. I'm doing A LOT better, still a little sore but able to move a little better and get up and down without much wincing and sharp intakes of breath. Love ya heaps! Der DEr