Ok. I am convinced that Hannah is a
Petri dish. That poor child is always coming down with something. I was worried (as was my mom) about her skin rash she's had for the last couple of weeks. Mom thought it was some sort of reaction to food/etc and thought she may have some sorta allergy. I dropped Hannah off a daycare one morning at 0600 and had a call from her teacher about 9:30 saying that she had developed a rash that looked like chicken pox. Nice. So I call her Dr and get her in by 10:05. After a check and a fierce battle for a blood draw (BTW: it takes 3 people to hold Hannah down to get a draw out of her arm...), we received test results 2 days later. My little Dish contracted chicken pox. What gets me is that she's had the vaccine. Hopefully her polio, hepatitis and measles vaccines work better... Luckily Hannah hasn't been too bad off. She was the most
traumatized by the blood draw; although her solace was bought for one yellow bouncy ball out of the doctor's office Treasure Box. She had a follow up
appt the next day and was again bought off by a bouncy ball. So we are waiting for her tiny spots to go away. I read up on chicken pox and pregnancy (yeah...that's what a need to worry about now...) and learned that it is only really dangerous during the first trimester. There are several smaller issues that can happen in the last trimester/just before birth that I will discuss with my
dr on Tuesday's
appt. Especially since I woke up with several spots this morning. Forgive my
pessimistic Eeyorishness, but why me? I already had these miserable things when I was 13! I'm hoping its just a breakout or some skin thing rather than the pox.
Brock has been doing well in school! Not surprised about that! We had his parent/teacher conference the other day and learned that he is right on track with his reading/math/science etc. He has made great improvements in his reading and writing. The teacher's only complaint was that Brock wants so badly to be the first one done with everything that he skips over stuff and writes sloppily in haste. This is an easily corrected problem though. Brock was proud to show off how neat his desk was, how involved his art/posters were and how much work he put into his science journal. He was using works like
buoyant and
viscous when they learned about liquids and solids! His teacher obviously enjoys working with Brock and has shared some great stories about how he arrives at solutions and answers to problems.

Brock also had his first Tiger Cubs award ceremony recently. He earned his first merit patch! He is thrilled to have a uniform with all the trimmings! By the way, he spilled fruit punch on his lap just before going up to get his award/posing for pictures. He was
embarrassed by the wet mark on his leg poor dear.
Hannah has started gymnastics again. She picked up right where she left off! She actually responds to the instructor's directions and goes through the motions of the exercises with the class. She still has problems staying on track, waiting her turn in line and skipping ahead to the equipment she likes best. We haven't had any deviation from proper directions on the trampoline though! She loves her "
M'nastics" and will squeal with
delight when we drive towards the building. Hannah also adores the "
libary". We've started going 2-3 times per week for
story time and for checking out books/movies. They have a pretty decent selection of kids stuff and have bigger things out like a puppet theatre and a train set for the kids to play with. Hannah will hear the word library and freak right out until we go.
We are still waiting to hear back on Brian's background investigation. My patience is wearing thin (mostly due to hormones methinks...) and it is hard to remember that God is in control of all this. Whew. What a chore that alone is!
We have 36 days until Lauren is due! I cannot wait for that either! Well, I'm obviously not thrilled about the physics of it all, but I will be delighted to have her out and with us!
I think that's all have for right now. Much love to you all! Hugs!
2 comments:
Hannah got the chicken pox? Man... hows that little monster handling it? I remember how HORRID mine were. You wanna know something weird. I've actually gone to the doc about having wierd spots (kind of pimple/ blister like) and she said it likes a form of "dermitis". You think? ugh. My doctor is a MORON! Oh well. Watch you and me both end up with the pox WHILE we're pregnant. Just great! HAHA!
Congrats to Brock and the patch award! (That kind of sounds like the nicorrette stuff, eh? HAHA!)All our kiddies are growing up SO quickly. I miss you oodles and bunches! I can't believe Lauren will be here soon. And then Shaylee Elizabeth will be too! :) (Oh! BTW... we named our lil one Shaylee Elizabeth! HAHA!)
Love you guys!
Love Der in law
Ha! That would be our luck! Did your dr say you have PUPPS? I forget what that stands for exactly but it is a dermatitis thing. Please don't get the pox!
I LOVE the name you chose! We are using Elizabeth too! Awesome! Lauren Elizabeth Grace. All family names. How neat that the cousins will share something like that! Not to mention they will be close in age. I can't wait to see your angel! Aiden and Shaylee sound well together. :)
Hugs back at you! We miss you too! Sniff! I am not allowed to travel (except to Yakistan for dr stuffs) so our plans to invade will have to wait until after the baby. Ack. Then I'll have to leave poor Brian with 3 kids...Tee hee!
Post a Comment