Friday, January 9, 2009

2009

How many blogs have this title? Ugh...the originality must leap off the screen and slap you across the face! This is where we are at the begining of our 2009. I don't have a lot of new pics. We're doing our family shots either Feb or April after the baby is here. Sorry!



First and foremost, we will be joined by Lauren in April. It seems odd and very surreal to be expecting again. I hope that the labor/delivery process is easier than last time! I have practiced my mantra. Epidural epidural epidural... :P With January almost gone, we only have 2 more months to wait! Can it be 7 months already? It really doesn't feel that way. I am impatient to have my body back (and take a deep breath of air...) and be able to run again. I miss running. Odd as that sounds!






The kids are well. Brock is in Boy Scouts as a Tiger Cub. He has his first Derby on the 2nd. He still enjoys the same toys/play, but in a more complex and detailed manner. Since he is a big kid now, he gets to have special privileges like Saturday morning cartoons, somewhat of a say in his school lunches, etc. In exchange for such grown-up decisions, he has chores he does all by himself. He can clean his own bathroom, do his own laundry and vacuum. He is such a dear about this too! He will be 7 in February. That amazes me! Where did that little 18 month old go? I can see the changes in him already. He doesn't want to snuggle as much anymore. He is still the same sweet boy, but more distant and independent.










He understands a lot more about this world that someone his age should I think. It saddens me to see him exposed to cuss words, mean kids and bawdy phrases/TV shows/video games/etc. He gets this from school of course. Then he's trying to understand more details about Brian's divorce and how our family is different. We don't share the gory tidbits (he doesn't need to hear that anyway) but keep reminding him that some families are just different. It cracks me up when he clarifies with people that I am his "step-mom" not his "real mom". I know this is due to her coaching and it amuses me that she has taken such drastic steps to have Brock make so many public speaches about it. Brian and I ignore this and remind him that no matter the title of the person, we all love him. I hope this carries through to his teenage/adult years. I worry he'll be poisoned by another's bitterness. I guess Mom is right. Only time will heal any wounds and he will understand when he gets older. We pray daily for his growing up.














Hannah is pushing 2.5. She is such a fiesty ball of action! She is able to dress herself and only comes apart when her tushie keeps her underpants/pants from being pulled up. She has some issues getting her socks on too. What amazes us more is how fast that child can undress. If she hears the word "bath" or "shower" you can count on a naked pink streak darting down the hallway for our bathroom. She loves to play with Brock although she can still be a bit rough. She knows her superheros and will sing along with their themesongs. She likes playing games with the family and is constantly asking to get a new one out. She goes to preschool and loves to see her friends and Dori (teacher). Hannah cries when I drop her off (for about 30 seconds...) then fusses when I show up to get her. Dori says these shows are reserved for when I come get her. *sigh* Hannah's biggest shortcoming is an extrememly short fuse. Things frustrate her to tears the second or third time she can't manage them. Toys, shoes, puzzles and even picking up messes will send her into a dither. She hates using the potty to poop and hides to fill her pants. Brian and I are SICK of this game. On the other hand, she is quick to put herself in the corner if she thinks it will get her out of trouble. We have a hard time not laughing when she does this. Don't worry, she doesn't see us smile.


Brian and I have been planning/wanting/etc to move away from this town/job for a long time now. We have worked on getting apps in to other agencies, but have always come up against some onbstacle. Our biggest worry is selling the house. I want to spend the next weeks getting it in showing-shape and get it on the market. Hopefully there will be plenty of nibbles! I don't think we'll have a problem getting another job elsewhere. Jails are always hiring. So with these 2 big concerns off our minds, we will just have to clarify custody arrangements and make our move. I cannot wait to see the U-Haul in my driveway waiting to take us away from the gossip, rumors and all around unpleasantries that have been this town. It is a happy dream!






























1 comment:

Erica said...

And too bad Brian made off with all those boxes! Cracks me up that Hannah is too rough with her older brother...wonder if the same fate awaits Lauren?? I CANNOT believe how fast time has gone with Brock and Hannah- Sid and I were marveling just today that we can't BELIEVE Brock will be 7 this year. Blows my mind and then I look at my own kids and wonder if life should be so cruel as to make time go faster the older we get. Hop eyou keep up with the blog-it's great!