Seriously? What IS going on?
After spending an entire day in the hospital we still don't have a concrete answer. Why!? The ultrasound showed something of a kidney stone (both US techs went "..oh..." when they saw it) and the nifty little Xray showed nothing. So...now what? The pee doctor, which is more fun than saying Urologist, wants to see me in a week to see if something passed. I am considering taking a picnic and overnight clothes for the family in case we end up waiting for tests/doctors for another 10 hours.
I am thankful to be out of the hospital with no contractions, labor or general baby issues. I would be thrilled if the pain in my side and other less than pleasant symptoms would go away. I am hoping to avoid a stint too. My goal? See my OB doctor 1 a month for the next month, then 2 a month etc etc etc. We are already struggling to stay afloat financially, so this added little day trip fills us with dread. Especially since there were 2 tests and a radiologist involved. *sigh*
Oh yeah. The nurse (great lady!) told us we were 40% efaced and 1cm dilated on the outside. This worried me, but she said that since this is my second pregnancy that it is normal. We will definitely follow up with the OB next week. Until then, I probably won't have much in the way of fingernails!
So yes. Everything is going ok here. Can't wait to see our baby! Hope all is well with you!
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment